They had a small area with farm animals that we visited.
Someone was looking for food
You can see the t-shirt I mentioned. Jacob had a scary skeleton shirt on.
They had fun in a corn maze. That's Ryan's teacher in the background
Happy boys with their little pumpkins
After the school bus left, Jacob and I went into the farm store and bought a basket of organic strawberries that were delicious and an interesting looking bunch of green onions. They look different than the ones you buy in the market. They're more bulbous and the green stems are thinner almost like chives. Also delicious!






aw, what lovely pics! Looks like such fun.
ReplyDeleteloved your comments.
Yes, that is your pink blankee! She LOVES it, and has taken good care of it. That's why it still looks so nice. She made me make the cream one. It's nowhere near as good, though I did mitre the corners (badly, but I had a go!).
Martha and the red soles. Well, don't get me started!!! Her choice, she can do what she wants, but it seems so wrong to spend all that loot on a pair of Louboutins, only to paint out the thing that makes them famous in the first place! Why bother? She might as well go to her nearest high street and buy cheap ones!
And yes, you KNOW I'd have added extra height to the ruby slippers! But as Judy G was only in her teens when she made the film, I'll let that one go!
You asked about Len and the dancing, yes, he still judges here, as does Bruno. This time we have Darcey Bussell (ballerina), who I love. The previous female judge didn't really know a huge amount about dance (she was a previous winner), so it's nice to have someone who knows what they are talking about!
The main thing about 1st travel is that we are guaranteed a seat, and a spacious one at that. Normally you're lucky to get a place to sit down, and on an hour long journey that can get tedious. We also have free food & drink (something else you don't get), and it's just a lot quietier and nicer, and dare I say it, cleaner. It's her first trip on a train, and her first trip to London, so we wanted it to be a bit special. Our train leaves early, so we'll be in with the buisnessmen at that time of day! Going to be great fun, and I'll take a million photos at least!
I've written an essay, so I had better pipe it down and clear off.
Have a fab day!
xx
Hi Darylynn, Looks like a fun day. How cute the animals are! Looks like the kids had lots of fun. Have a happy hump day. Hugz!
ReplyDeleteHi Darylynn,
ReplyDeleteThe last time I went to Venture we went to this farm on the way home. Great pictures of the kids :) Have a great Wednesday. Hugs, Dru
Hi Darylynn, looks like the kids had fun. I have heard of McGrath State Beach, we went camping there once. We are going to the local pumpkin patch on Thursday. It is the only day the whole family will be together and it is Jr's birthday too. I will be at my dad's for the weekend. Have a great day. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHI Darylynn, how old is Ryan now is he 5 and in school or pre-school? does not seem that long ago he was born! he looks just like his mommy. That looks like a fun day they had. I bet you enjoy being there with your grandkids. Did you ever imagine that you would be doing this one day? How fun. Have a great day. Big hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Darylynn!Happy Wednesday to you. :) The boys are so cute. They look so happy in those pictures. I have to agree with you about the green onions. Even in the picture you can tell the difference in those and the ones you buy at the grocery store. Have a great day! hugs.
ReplyDeleteYou can see how much the boys have grown in a year (especially Ryan)in the pics. How fun! HUGS
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely trip and the t-shirt idea is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWhen my oldest granddaughter was little she had a serious problem with Halloween characters. She talked about them endlessly seeking reassurance that they were not real.
Ryan and Jacob have the same coloring as my daughter's 2 girls. Older one dark haired, young one very blonde, very curly.
Hope Wednesday treats you right Darylynn.
Hugs
Cute photos, miss those days, guess I gave to wait for great grandchildren!! Those are Mexican green onions, I see them in the stores out here, mostly used for grilling.
ReplyDeleteHi Darylynn;
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and the boys must have had a wonderful day. Love the T-shirt idea from the teacher. The onions look like scallions as we call them. In the spring they grow wild everywhere around here. When my kids were young, they would pull them out of the ground and we would wash them and I would use them like onions. Learned that from my Italian mom. ;-}
Have a great day my friend. Hugs
Hi Darylynn, now that I'm back to blogging I feel like I can leave a tag. Silly reasoning I know. I've kept up with your life, & I'm sorry that I never left tags. I love visiting here.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pics of the boys. I tell you, Jacob could be a litle model! I remember the night Ryan was born. I stayed up & waited to see if you'd post it on your blog (& you did). They grow up so fast!
Hope you have a wonderful Friday! Hugs