We are keeping Jessica, Pat and the boys at arm's length. Both Ryan and Jacob are sick. They have fevers and bad coughs. They had flu shots so we don't know if it's the flu or not. They say flu shots are only 60% effective anyway. I sent Jeff over to their house Tuesday morning with a small care package of Children's Advil, a temporal thermometer, Hulk Juice (Green Machine but we call it Hulk Juice) and cherry tomatoes and a few Starburst thrown in for good measure. When Jeff arrived, he asked Jacob how he felt and he replied, "I'm very sick." So there will be no storytime at the library for me and Jacob today. Jessica has today off work so that will be good. They will be very careful to make sure this doesn't turn into pneumonia because little children are dying from complications of the flu. Fortunately, Pat's mom manages a Pediatrician's office so they get prompt and thorough care.
New category- "Things that make you go hmm." The Taste. Okay, I admit it... I don't understand the appeal of this show. With The Voice (which I don't watch but I do watch American Idol) you can at least listen to the contestants, hear the judges comments and make up your own mind but what's the appeal of watching a show where you obviously can't taste the food yourself? At least with shows like Dancing with the Stars, The Apprentice or Project Runway it is something you can form your own opinion about. So we just take their word for it if recipe is awful or delicious? I don't get it. Anyone?
Oh no, so sorry the boys are sick! Hope they will be ok soon. Take care of yourself too. :)
ReplyDeletexo
On no! Hope the boys feel better soon. Good point on the Taste. Haven't watched it yet but . . . I do occasionally watch The Chopping Block, Hell's Kitchen & Master Chef. You can see the dishes they prepare but you have no way of judging how they taste and depend on the judges opinion. Guess I don't get it either. Hugz!
ReplyDeleteHi Darylynn,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry the boys are sick! That is assuring that they have a Grandmother that works at a Pediatrician's office! Poor babies :( I saw the name of that show in the TV guide but had no idea what he was about other than a food show?? I am down to just Survivor as a reality show I really have lost interest in all the other I use to watch. But like you I have a lot of friends and family watching them. Have a wonderful Wednesday and I sure hope the kids get well soon. Hugs, Dru
Hi Darylynn;
ReplyDeleteBoy, this season has been a bad one for children and adults alike. Thank goodness Pat's mom works in a Pediatrician's office. As for reality shows, I don't watch any of them. I'm more into movies and sports these days. Take care and have a better day ahead my friend. Hugs
Haven't watched that show but it doesn't sound interesting. Sorry that the boys are sick. A few weeks ago everyone around us was sick... and one student sneezed on Sue and I. Yuck! and Rude... Take care. HUGS
ReplyDeleteHello Darylynn,
ReplyDeletesorry for the lack of visit :(
both the boys have been ill, they don't have fever anymore so they went back to school
but they won't stop coughing so we'll go back to the doctor (not until tomorrow sadly, they're overbooked)
I hope everyone will get better soon.
xoxo
Hi Darylynn, Surprisingly I enjoy Project Runway and watch it during the day when I can. I also liked Tabatha's Salon Takeover. Interesting to see her pull a business together.
ReplyDeleteI hope the boys are better soon.
It ran through my daughters house and they all got sick in succession. What a time they had!
Have a wonderful Friday!
Hugs