Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Survivor!

Yes, it's Survivor Wednesday but I'm talking about us surviving our first day with all the dogs and the boys.  There's definitely a learning curve but we'll get it figured out.  For example, you can't just put down four bowls of dog food.  Cooper and Kanan eat the same food but Buddy and Sierra have different foods and they are all very protective of their bowls of food so Kanan had to have his food in the garage, Cooper in the entryway, Sierra in the kitchen and Buddy on the back porch.  When Jacob arrived, Buddy barked at him and I've never seen a lower lip get more stuck out and turned down.  Jacob began trembling and finally burst into tears.  I think his feelings were hurt on top of being a little scared.  Poor little sweetheart.  We soon figured out that we had to get rid of the usual bowl of water in the kitchen breakfast area because Buddy likes to put his feet in it and slosh it around.  They'll have to go outside for a drink.  Anyway you get the picture- lots of adjustments to be made for us to survive the week ahead.

Justin printed out his itinerary for me so I thought I'd share it with you.  It looks like a mini-version of  "The Amazing Race" to me!   Tuesday was LA to Chicago and then on to Zurich Switzerland arriving at 10:45 AM this morning.  Take train to Lucerne to visit Chapel Bridge, Lion of Lucerne and take a gondola ride.  Take late afternoon train from Lucerne for 8 PM flight to London.  Staying in London at a friend of Sarah's.  Thursday's transportation is an underground pass with plans to visit London Eye, Big Ben, Parliament, Tower of London, British Library, British Museum, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.  Friday is a daytrip (taking train from Waterloo) to Hampton Court and enjoying a High Tea.  Saturday a 4:14 PM flight to Istanbul so can do a few things in London that they missed on Thursday.  Private shuttle provided by hotel picks them up in Istanbul.  Sunday visit the Grand Bazaar, Turkish Baths, Topaki Palace, Haghia Sophia and Blue Mosque.  Leave for airport for 4:20 PM flight to Kusadai, Turkey.  Monday visit Ephesus and Temple of Artemis ruins.  Tuesday stay at luxury hotel for the day.  There's an "Underwater World" at hotel where Justin can dive.  Wednesday 7 AM flight to Zurich, then depart Zurich at 1:15 PM to San Francisco and arrive at LAX at 10:16 PM.

Have you ever used Flight Tracker?  Probably not the best thing for me who feels the need to will a plane to stay in the air but here's a screenshot I took last night just before I went to bed.  It shows their plane just as it's heading out across the Atlantic.  Bon Voyage!
     

9 comments:

  1. gosh,that is one busy day in London! Hope time is on their side!

    No shopping though? Now that's plain wrong, you have to stop at Harrods and Fortnums. I'm sure there is a law somewhere stating that ;o)

    Sounds as if you are just as busy, sorting out the food and water situations. Good thing it's only a week or so!

    Poor Jacob. I'd cry too if a dog barked at me.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darylynn,
    That is a busy schedule that does sound like the Amazing Race! No fooling around for them :) The 4 dogs together does sound like a bit of a challange. Poor Jacob :( Sounds like you havr it under control though. Hope you have a smooth day. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Never a dull moment with you and yours Darylynn! I don't know how you do it. Talk about a real live Mills Survivor!! And to top it off! Justin and Sarah in a real live Amazing Race.. I need to sit and drink my coffee as I'm getting dizzy keeping up with all this. ;-} (Just couldn't resist my friend...) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Darylynn, my head is spinning just imagining the goings-on at your house! lol. Justin and Sarah will be busy, but sure sounds like fun. That flight tracker is pretty nifty!. I just lol'd at your previous post on what Justin wrote on his FB page. Hope you're able to get in some quiet time in amongst your zoo :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... oh forgot to mention, in response to your comment about it, that the header photo on my blog is one that I took when we were camping in B.C. It's one of the cute, teensy cottages at Enchanted Forest park. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darylynn,
    Actually, I'm out of breath just reading this entry. I'm wondering how the heck do you remember it all but then I remember I'm talking to D here and it all becomes clear. She can do it!
    Justin & Sarah's trip sounds amazing. Can't wait to see all the pictures.
    Hollar if you need anything! hehe! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Darylynn, You sure have your hands full! Poor babies they are not use to all the commotion of unfriendly dogs. That trip sounds wonderful. I learned about the Hagia Sohia in art history. I know of Ephesus from the Bible, Paul wrote a letter to the Ephesians. So much history. Enjoy your week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I haven't heard of Flight Tracker. Kari maybe going to Brazil in the summer for a mission trip. I will have to use that when she goes. I too need to will the plane in the air... I guess it is a mom thing.

    Sorry about Jacob getting scared. You are definately doing the "doggy daycare" thing. I will take a while to get the routines down.

    Have a good day or evening... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here you are! :)
    I've been in Scotland for several weeks, and I come home to find you've moved!
    I'm glad you are sticking with blogging, and just moving to new digs :)
    What a fantastic trip Justin, and Sarah have planned!
    You certainly have your hands full, but if anyone can do it, I know it's you. Poor Jacob! Hopefully he, and Buddy will be good friends soon.
    Love & hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your .com-ment!